NASA Glenn Research Center to Resume In-Person Tours
An article by Crain’s Cleveland Business shares that NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland is resuming in-person facility tours for the first time since 2019, before the pandemic. The tours will take place on six dates, all Saturdays, from April through November, giving visitors a behind-the-scenes look at Glenn’s research facilities.
Glenn tours are free and open to the public, for those age 10 and older. Most will be at the NASA Glenn facility in Cleveland. An August tour of the Space Environments Complex will take place at NASA’s Neil Armstrong Test Facility in Sandusky.
Four, 45-minute tours will be offered on the hour beginning at 8 a.m. on each tour date.
2023 Tour Schedule:
- April 29: Photovoltaic Laboratory
- May 20: Flight Research Building
- Aug. 12: Space Environments Complex at Armstrong Test Facility
- Sept. 23: Simulated Lunar Operations Laboratory
- Oct. 7: Electric Power and Propulsion Laboratory
- Nov. 4: Zero-Gravity Research Facility
Those who are interested must register for a chance to tour the NASA Glenn facilities.
NASA Glenn notes that tour dates are subject to change depending on facility test schedules. Attendance is limited to U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents.